Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birthday Girl!

Yes, it's my birthday! Woohoo! Everyone celebrate! Ha. Now normally a person would celebrate with big dinners, sweets, cakes, ice cream, and whatever that person fancys. At least thats what I used to do. Food was my go to for everything. If I was celebrating anything, birthday, losing weight, new baby, friends raise, whatever it may be, WOOT time for a huge cheeseburger or something. Now, not so much. Which I am happy with.
This morning my mother showed me what she brought in for my birthday treat. Normally we have donuts or cake. She walked in with sugar free jello and whipped cream! So very thoughtful I must say!! Can't wait to have some during lunch time. Which I do look at jello as a treat now. I would say pudding too, but ever since surgery it makes me feel sick. So pudding is out..boo.

This morning for my birthday breakfast I had some egg bites. Yum! If you have a mini muffin tin you have to try these. Easy to make and the kids will love them. They can even add their own ingredients. I made them last night. You can keep them in the fridge for a couple of days or you can even freeze them. Just take them out whenever you want to eat them and pop them in the microwave. I will have to put a picture in here later. Anyways, I made 3 different kinds last night. Pizza egg bites, ham/cheese/onion egg bites, and sausage/cheese egg bites. SO GOOD! The pizza ones are my favorite!

Pizza Egg Bites

3 eggs (This will make 12 egg bites)
Mini turkey pepperonis
Italian sausage crumbles
Any kind of shredded cheese you like (I used Colby Jack)
Italian Seasoning
Salt & pepper
Garlic powder

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray your mini muffin tin with a cooking spray. Scramble the 3 eggs with the salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Pour the egg mixture 3/4 of the way in the muffin holes. I then sprinkled a pinch of italian seasoning (your choice on how much you want) then dropped in some sausage and pepperoni and topped with cheese. Put in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes. YUM! You could put whatever your heart desires into these things.

I ate 2 for breakfast. I brought 4 and gave one to a co worker to try. She loved it! The other one is still in my Bento lunch box. <---awesome lunch box!!

Lunch I brought Crock Pot Korean Venison with a side of sour cream. Then for dinner tonight the hubby and I are going out. This will be my very first time going out to eat since surgery. Scared? Yes. We are headed to Red Lobster. I am going to order crab. Very low in calorie and high in protein. And I will have left overs for tomorrow! The hard part will be those absolutely scrumptious Cheddar Bay Biscuits! I could take a bite but it would fill me up so quick and I want to enjoy my crab. So it isn't worth it to me. Now I need to go get a glass of water and drink, drink, drink!! I am retaining water and at a stall with my weight loss for the past 2 days. Not enough water in me..but today there will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment